Friday, October 15, 2010

An Outing with Auntie Amy and Wonderful Grandmothers

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of entertaining 2 of our cousins, Charlie and Wylie. We had a sleepover, which surprisingly went very well with 4 children!! Charlie bunked with Ella and Lucy and Wylie camped out in Lu's room! We also went to Edventure here in Columbia with Ra Ra and Gran Sandy. Thank you Ra Ra and Gran Sandy for being with us! Edventure was amazing as always! Let me invite you to come along on our visit to Edventure...you know there is always a little drama when you have all this crew together!!

This was our first stop as we entered the museum! Meet Eddie! Eddie is actually a "jungle gym" and the kids can climb and explore in his body. Small tunnels or better known as "the colon" lead to his belly where you will find what he ate for breakfast (pancakes and eggs) Eddie is enormous and you can go ALL THE WAY UP! Now first let me tell you that Auntie Amy is EXTREMELY claustrophic. I cringe when I have to ride the elevators at the hospital which I do daily. I ran off a subway with Jay while we were in route to our Honeymoon because that is how very much I freak out in small confined spaces (at least Jay knew this fear before he married me or he might have been a little shocked by my rapid escape from the subway)!! So, even though I love all these precious little children I could not bear to go explore in Eddie! But no worries Gran Sandy and Ra Ra were there to save the day and take the kids exploring in Eddie and down all the slides. Ella Grace and Gran Sandy actually climbed to the very top. Go Gran Sandy!! Charlie's first stop was Eddie's colon. HAHA!!

After what seemed like an hour we finally got most of the gang rounded up to continue our museum exploration. First came down Wylie! Then Lucy and Ra Ra (mom this picture is pricelss) Where is Charlie???? Got em... Finally after getting everyone out of Eddie we are ready to go. Gran Sandy and Ella are still on their hike to the top of Eddie! You go girls!!!

Next stop... The PIG!!

Oh yes! A Child Size Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store ready for lots of little shoppers! I got so tickled and what the "gang" shopped for. Please take a look! Wylie was just happy as you can tell. Very much in her element!And Lucy as well! Charlie must know his mama likes to buy "cheese" at their house. Please note the sausage biscuits as well! Hiliarious. I laughed so hard. And of course Ella Grace was preparing for her party as usual. I think she may be the next Paula Deen! My sweet Ella! Always up for a party and a making new recipes!

Now this post could get extremely long being since we saw many things on our day at Edventure. We explored in a fire truck and Charlie got to slide down a fire pole! We danced and played musical instruments! We milked a cow, played on a John Deere Tractor, and played restaurant. However, I would like to highlight just a few more things that made me laugh hysterically! First..... "Yo GABBA GABBA."

Yes friends this is Charlie on TV who just discovered he was on TV. I was outside waiting to capture the moment he discovered he was on TV. And No this was really not a YO GABBA GABBA exhibit, but it is all I could think of seeing him dance around on the TV. Of course I couldn't stop laughing at this being since YO GABBA GABBA was our household friend for quite some time!!!!
Next ...

I captured Ella Grace and Wylie giving a new hairstyle to a member of the African tribe exhibit! Hiliarious. I just about wet my pants! Ella Grace is seriously talking to the manequin about her hair just as if you were getting a hair consultaion!!! Goodness Children! Let's learn about history here not hair do's and make-up!

And last but not least, another memorable moment was...

when Captain Charlie's boat went waaaay of course. A brief moment of a pleasant attitude which was lost at sea!! (a minor meltdown)

And finally you know it is time for your outing to end when your 5 year old daughter is giving you the "hand."

Thank You Ra Ra and Gran Sandy for being with us and helping me with the "gang." I couldn't have done it without you! I had such a fun day with all my favorite friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment