Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks and Counting our Blessings!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had! I was so blessed to have the entire Thanksgiving off from work and we had a great time spending this Thanksgiving with our family! Before Thanksgiving the girls and I got in the Christmas spirit and decided to start our decorating! Up to the attic I went to pull down our fashionable and fantastic PINK Christmas trees! Yes, both the girls have lovely pink Christmas trees that they get to decorate all by themselves for their rooms! We had so much fun! Ella Grace wanted to make sure all her "Disney Princess" ornaments were facing "straight" so she could see their faces! Lucy Anne wasn't into the event as much as her sister, but did have fun putting her angels on her tree, with her Mommy's help! Ella Grace decorating! Little Lu decorating! Ho!Ho!Ho! Ella's Pink Princess Tree! She was a little upset here as you can tell because one of her princess ornaments kept spinning around and she couldn't see their "face." I guess it's the little things! After much concentration and hard work to keep the ornament from spinning round and round I think I managed to fix the problem. Lucy loving her tree! Of course the Christmas PJ's had to come out on our fun day of decorating! The girls are huge fans of "sleeping gowns!" Time for Turkey at Grandmommy's House! We are very thankful and blessed for our wonderful, sweet, and loving Grandmommy!

Dinner and of course dessert were delicious! These two turkeys made sure to gobble up their cake!

Off to Ra Ra's for more Turkey! Ella of course found a fashionable apron and enjoyed helping Ra Ra prepare for the family to arrive!The whole gang! I am very thanful for all these little guys! At some point Ella Grace decided to change into more comfortable attire I suppose, her sleeping gown! I found this very funny!

After the Thanksgiving celebration it was time to head back to Blythewood and we were welcomed with our special friend who comes to stay with us around Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve! Skip, our elf!


That is Skip! He is Santa's little helper and lives at the North Pole! He closely watches over the girls to make sure we are being kind and flies back to the North Pole each night to tell Santa everything he saw! The girls love Skip! They anxiously awake every morning to find Skip and make sure he made it back! I have caught Ella several times telling Skip Lucy was not being nice and was not sharing! Hahaha!

Better watch out, better not pout. Santa Clause is coming to town!!

I am so thankful for all my many blessings! God has richly blessed my life with a wonderful family whom I love dearly!

3 comments:

  1. Skip must know Dodos!! Dodos arrived Saturday night and we have enjoyed finding him each day!! Love that Ella tells Skip what Lucy has been up too. Looks like fun was had by all. Aren't we blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, Charlie is sitting beside me writing this post. He kept pointing to the screen saying "Namy" and "Ella" and of course when he saw mom and Ella in the kitchen he said Rah Rah. Love pouty Ella and the tree! So paticular that one is! Sorry to have upset Ella about Skip the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Amy! Looks like you all had a great and busy Thanksgiving...getting into the Christmas spirit like the York's. ;) I am loooooving the girls' pink Christmas trees!!

    ReplyDelete