Thursday, May 28, 2009

Farewell Paci!!!


My paci, my friend!

Ahhhh! She is asleep in the car!!! No sister fights! This is great!

The day Lucy got her paci from Aunt Kasie, Wylie, and Charlie

Chillin in the car!


Goodbye Paci! Well for those of you don't know, Lucy Anne not once took a pacifier when she was a baby! However, after Charlie and Wylie were born she quickly became a fan of all their infant toys including the paci! With a little encouragement from Aunt Kasie Lucy was addicted to her new paci within a few hours! Kasie is not the only culprit! Being since neither of the girls took a paci when they were babies, I found some sort of cuteness in Lucy's new playfriend! Jay and I quickly found that the paci would stop the crying and the tantrums that Lucy would throw in the car! The paci was quickly everyones best friend around here! As time passed, the paci was part of our family! We never went anywhere without the paci! Lucy Anne started preschool this past year and I was a little nervous about her being in a new environment and needing her "comfort" away from Mommy and Daddy (her paci). If I took the girls to school, I would always tuck Lucy's paci in her bookbag for her and tell her teachers it was in there if she needed it! Jay, being the brave one, would leave paci in the car for her! Then I quickly found out that Lucy didn't ask for her paci at school like she does at home. However, as soon as Lucy saw me after school, she immediately was asking for the paci before we could even get in the car! Then I knew she didn't need it! She just loved to he held by Mommy or Daddy with all her friends in hand (the babies, blankie, and paci). A comfort thing!

Anyway, Lucy was constantly misplacing her paci at home. She could never remember where she left it and it became a huge problem. She loved to throw it down and Jay and I would have to search all over for it! Fun games for Mom and Dad right! So last week during one of her two year old tantrums (because she couldn't find the paci) I decided today is the day! Today is the day paci will not be found! I told her paci went bye-bye! I held her in my arms as she cried, which surprisingly only lasted a few short minutes! She even let out a few laughs when I told her paci went bye bye! I was shocked! But that was that! Afer paci went bye bye, we went to the zoo. She asked for it a few times in the car and would just whimper when I told her paci went bye-bye!
Then it happened! An extra paci stash was found in a drawer by big sister Ella Grace! Ella said , "look Mom paci didn't go bye-bye" and she gave it sister Lu! I quickly had to make paci go bye bye all over again! It has been about a week now without the paci and I must say Lucy has done exceptionally well, even at bedtime!


So, Farewell Paci! Goodbye to our car ride and bedtime friend! We will miss you and cherish the times we had together! Charlie and Wylie thanks for sharing, but don't try to tempt me when you see me! I know you will, but I'll be brave! Let's hope when cousin #3 arrives any day now Lucy won't go backwards!! Up next is potty training for Lucy! Keep you all posted on her many accomplishments!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE a paci story because Burns too was a grand friend of the paci. In fact at 5 years old, she says to me that she would take a paci if she could right now. I believe her. I am proud of Lucy because it took us 2 weeks to get over the paci and at 3 years old I had a new born all over again because Burns could not sleep!!! Yeah Lucy and isn't it just like Big Sis Ella Grace to discover a hidden one!!! Love your post Amy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing so hard I have tears! I can so hear you talking about all this as I read this post! Just so you know, never did I intend to reek havoc on the Hardister household but she was precious with the passy! I must give props to Ella though- what a good big sister... She must take after her marvelous aunt who has always provided such a wonderful example!

    ReplyDelete