After I dropped the girls off today at preschool I came home and had my quiet time. My Dad gave me a Mom's Devotional Bible which I love and would recommend it to every Mommy! Today I wanted to share just how thankful I am for God's love and all the blessings he has given me. He has blessed me with a wonderful family, a husband who is my very best friend, two girls that I couldn't imagine one day without, and so much more!! One of my favorite readings in my Mom's Devotional Bible talks about how children are "Tiny Teachers." It says, "Children are the best teachers in the world. They teach young women how to be mothers and young men how to be fathers. They teach older men and women how to be grandparents. Children teach the world how to love. They teach us how to be honest, open and innocent. And they teach us how to hug and laugh and be enthusiastic. Children make us keep our promises because they never forget one that we make. They even make us into scientists and professors by asking "Why?" about everything that moves and many things that don't. Isn't it interesting that while we are teaching our children to be adults, they are teaching us how to be children? That's especially important when we remember that Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Matthew 19:14)." This is one of favorite readings out of the Mom's Devotional Bible and one of my favorite Bible verses!Lucy remindes me everyday how to love and how to look at Jesus and the kingdom of heaven through the eyes of a child! She carries her "Baby Jesus in a manager" around the house ever so gently. She will place him in a basket and cover him with a blanket. She gets upset if she looses him and she likes him to sleep next to her on her pillow. This remindes me everyday how I should carry Jesus with me in all that I do! Her favorite song is "Jesus Loves Me" and Jay and I sing it to her every night!
I am so thankful Jesus Loves Me and for all he has blessed my life with!
Can I have some kleenex please?! How sweet, how true, how special! I am crying... I have no words good enough!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beatiful post Amy! My favorite thing you said is that "it's funny how while we teach children to be adults, they're teaching us to be children". Love it. So true. So sweet.
ReplyDelete