Friday, October 16, 2009

Rainy Days


This week has been filled with lots of rain! I love a rainy day! A day to stay in your PJ's, watch movies, lounge, and use your imagination to keep little ones entertained! A rainy day always makes for a fun day! What happens on rainy days at our house you ask? Well first we of course have our dress-up time.

But, not our typical dress up time with fairy and princess dresses. No, this is a day to create your own! Leave it to Ella to put on one of Lucy's dresses with a snow hat! When I took this picture I found Ella Grace looking at herself in the mirror, talking, and smiling!


She is such a fashion girl!

Ella Grace used her fashion sense to help sister Lu find the perfect outfit for our rainy day! A little dress with white tights and tap shoes! Why Not?

A little after lunch Lucy's room looked like this! Wow!

They moved on to Ella's room being since there was no room left to play in Lucy's, but I had to quickly intervene before more destruction occurred.


After cleaning our rooms up it was soon time for bed! It's on days like this I wish I was Mary Poppins and could snap my fingers and the toys would magically fly to their assigned spot in the room! Of course our favorite sleeping gown had to be pulled out this night. This is Ella's "fancy sleeping gown" as she would say! She got her Daddy to buy it for her one day! It is just fabulous and she lights up as you can see when she puts it on. It is a mixture of polyester, toile, and velour! I'll save this one for you Wylie!


Lucy Anne ready for bed! Perhaps one of the highlights of the week was Lucy's fascination with her new black shoes! Who would have thought a little girl would have become so attached and in love with a pair of black shoes. She insists on wearing them at all times, even to bed!


Goodnight Sis! I had lots of fun playing with you today!Lucy is dreaming about her new black shoes! I sneaked in her room to take off her shoes!


All tucked in! Sweet Dreams little Lu! Mommy loves you!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun week at the Hardisters! I love Lucy's shoes, and Ella gets her flair for fashion and decorating from her mom! I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing at the shoes on Lulu!! And I can SO see Ella talking to herselfin the mirror! But mark my words...no Aerial gowns shall head my way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy that is too funny. I like Ella's outfit in the first picture including the hat. TOO cute. Looks like so much fun happens at the Hardisters!!! FUN TIMES!!

    ReplyDelete