I love my Big Sister Ella and want to follow in her dance steps!
You know who did this to me? My wonderful big sister Ella! She dressed me up so pretty! She even gave me a vail!
I love playing dress up and dancing with my sister!It is obvious that Lucy Anne wants to do everything her sister does. They play with each other all day long and have the best time! It was only a matter of time that our little Lucy would want to take dance just like Ella! I had every intention of enrolling Lucy in dance next year at age 3 when they typically start. However, all this quickly changed when we took Ella Grace to dance on Monday night!
Everyone was happy and off to dance we go. However, attitudes quickly changed as soon as we got to dance. I had an extremely upset two year old on my hand. She was devasted and crushed she was unable to go and dance with her big sis! She cried so hard and kept saying "My turn, my dance room." I seriously couldn't stop laughing. I had to take her outside because of her extremely loud hissy fit she was throwing. You know the kind where everyone in the room is looking at you. Well, that is what was going on. We take a walk in the parking lot and Lucy Anne is letting me have it. She is screaming and uncontrollably crying. She ended her huge tantrum with a hit right in my face. Oh yes! Mommy got slapped. I am trying not to laugh and yet be firm to correct her wrong actions. So, off to the car we go and made a quick phone call to Daddy. He was on his way to see Ella on her big day. I called him to tell him he would have to take Little Lu home because she was so upset. She tugged at her Daddy's heart and he stopped by Sonic to get her a strawberry shake. When Ella and I arrived home Lucy was bundled up on the couch covered with a huge blanket and tear filled eyes. The first thing she said to me, "My turn Mommy, dance in my room."
Next thing was next. Mommy made a quick phone call to the dance studio to see if Lucy Anne could take dance. Wednesday night was Lucy's big day. We were all on edge to see what she would do. First thing is first! Dance shoes for Lucy. We go to purchase tap and ballet shoes. I fiqured even if she didn't like dance she would still dance around the house with Ella as they play dress up! Money well spent! She was so excited about her ballet shoes she literally danced her way out of the mall with her new shoes on! Precious!
Next up... Dance Class! She looked so precious in her little leotard, pink tights, and shoes! She danced all around that room and had the best time. Of course we left crying, but that was only because she didn't want to leave! So get ready for the Hardister dance recitals x2 this year family! Before I show everyone her dance pictures I have to share pictures of her huge "hissy fit" she continued, even on the day after Ella's dance class.

On Tuesday Ella Grace and Lucy were playing "dance class". Ella Grace had on her dance costume from last year and Lucy was wearing one of Ella's black leotards. Lucy kept saying, "My turn, my dance room." Ella and I were trying to explain, but as you can see Lucy was not listening. She ran into the bathroom, sat on her pink potty, and turned her back to me with those little arms crossed.
What a face!
Still not talking!
All smiles now! My turn to dance Mommy! Off to dance we go!
I Love this picture! So precious!
Hurry up Mommy! Let's Go!

Before dance class Ella Grace was sure to give Lucy a litte instruction!
LOVE IT!! How much fun to have a sister to do all of those things with. Little Lucy is following right behind Ella. Priceless moments. Love the POST!!
ReplyDeleteCAN NOT TAKE the pic of her pouting in the corner! SO GREAT!!! Can't wait for MORE recitals this spring. Wait til' Wylie & Bess decided to become ballerinas too! This is precious!!! Happy Dancing at the Hardister House!
ReplyDeleteLucy looks so precious in her leotard and pretty dance shoes!! What fun!! I'm sure y'all are just dancing all the time at the Hardister house!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the Hardister temper to me. (and believe me, I know). Carla
ReplyDelete